My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Linited presence on google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

AmeriTech Appliance Repair

Watkinsville, Ga

706-308-0561

Hi,

My name's Jared Armstrong. I recently verified my business with google and am showing up on google maps when I'm searched for in my city, but my problem is, I'm not showing up in the nearest major city (Athens, GA) less than 10 miles away (on google maps).

It has been over a month since I verified my listing and also, there are other appliance repair sites that show up in Athens but are located even further out than me.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this? I've tried everything, but to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Jared

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Linited presence on google maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jared,

Over a month isn't very long. Your listing and website are new, and I'm guessing the business is new too? When that's the case there aren't many references to your company on directories and other websites, or many incoming links to your website. These are some of the signals Google can take into account when determining which listings to show in the map results.

Also, the location of your business puts you at a disadvantage for Athens keywords since you are within the city limits of Watkinsville. Other listings you're seeing are either in Athens, close to the city limits of Athens, or are close to Athens and aren't within the city limits of another city. So you'll likely have a strong presence in the map results for Watkinsville keywords eventually but obtaining high visibility in the map for Athens keywords will be difficult.

Also, are you aware that there is another listing for your company in Watkinsville here?: https://goo.gl/maps/mRqyDt7KHoG2

Tom

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Linited presence on google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I was waiting to be notified via email (never got anything) so that's why I'm responding so late. 

What you said made sense and was very helpful, but what about making my address visible on Google Maps?Would that help? Since I deliver services to my customers as opposed to customers coming to me Google left my address hidden.

If it would give a better web presence I would just the same have it shown. What are your thoughts?

Thanks for your time,

Jared

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jared A
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Jared A

No, you have it set up correctly as a service area business with your address hidden and I wouldn't change it from that.

Tim Capper, a top contributor on this forum, put together an article that you should check out: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Boost-your-Local-SEO-amp-Business-Visibility-in-S...

It has a lot of great tips to help improve the presence of your listing and your website in the search results.

Best of luck with your business!

Tom

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tom. I greatly appreciate your help and wishes!

Take care,

~Jared