My Business
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Knowledge Panel not displaying for brand name search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Boston Park Plaza is a hotel. If I perform a search for boston park plaza hotel, the SERP includes (as expected) the Knowledge Panel with the a the pertinent hotel information.

However, if I perform a search for boston park plaza, the SERP does not include the Knowledge Panel. I feel that it should include the Knowledge Panel for the hotel as it stands to reason (and I believe search data will show) that anyone querying boston park plaza is searching for the hotel.

How can I resolve this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I'm not that surprised @Andrew L

since "boston park plaza" and "park plaza boston" are almost identical search queries and since there is in Boston not only the hotel but a street called "park plaza" (its a street near the hotel and its showing as a priveledged result of a map of "park plaza boston" (= "park plaza IN boston") you should expect to get the map of the street "park plaza"  for "boston park plaza".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the response! You are of course correct. Park Plaza is a tiny street which is most occupied by the hotel itself. The street was named for the hotel.

Since people searching for "boston park plaza" are certainly searching for the hotel and not the street, is there a solution which would ensure that the helpful Knowledge Panel for the hotel would display?

Thank you!