My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Knowledge Panel Only Showing With Full Address; Brand search shows up as a wiki link?!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

Our Google Business listing will only show when searching the following term: Adido Dean Park House 8-10 Dean Park Crescent     Bournemouth  BH1 1HL

When you search Adido, Adido ltd etc nothing shows - even taking the double space out of the above phrase prevents it from showing! The listing has been around for some time, and while we haven't posted regularly it definitely isn't long enough to remove the listing completely. 

When searching just Adido, results for another location show up, not our listing. 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks, 

Re: Knowledge Panel Only Showing With Full Address; Brand search shows up as a wiki link?!

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Ralph,

I found you pretty readily for a few variations of the name + address (adido dean park, etc) so it looks like you're showing relatively frequently. It is strange that you're not showing for things like 'adido marketing company' though. I saw a little bit of name confusion (Adido Agency on Facebook) and there wasn't what I'd expect to see as far as citation coverage goes, but I don't know the UK market well. Citations are 3rd party business directory listings, and is part of how Google determines which businesses they have relevant information for.

You're appearing well in the local map results for different searches though (marketing agencies, design agencies, etc) so... I don't know, it's strange. I'd try cleaning up the citation coverage for the business, and consider looking into getting a wikipedia page if you're big enough and have worked with large enough clients. That can trigger a branded knowledge panel instead of a local knowledge panel, and may put you in a better spot to compete. Ultimately I think your real problem is your business name is the same as a municipal region in Germany, and Google's not quite smart enough to fully and accurately figure out searcher intent in this case. There's actually two kinds of knowledge panels, and while the local one is much easier to get, when a brand knowledge panel might be relevant that one tends to take precedence. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.