My Business
6.9K members online now
6.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Knowledge Graph not showing unless you enter city or state after business name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

IQS Directory

1500 East Beltline Avenue Southeast #265 Grand Rapids, Michigan 49506

877-977-5377

https://plus.google.com/+Iqsdirectory?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjHtr7W0IzPAhWBFz4KHfimCcsQxIcBCLYBKAEwFQ

Our knowledge graph is no longer showing up when you type in IQS Directory and search. You now have to enter either Grand Rapids, MI, Grand Rapids, or MI after typing IQS Directory.

Does anyone know why this may have happened? We recently added our postal address information to the schema. Would that take us off?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Knowledge Graph not showing unless you enter city or state after business name

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mike M

So if you have to add a qualifier to the search query for the KP to appear then this indicates that Google is unsure that if someone searches IQS Directory by itself, that they are looking for the particular business.

I checked your structured data and you do not have address marked up, Only Organization name, logo and social.

There are some tiny things, like your Logo, is "IQS Directory of Industrial Manufacturers and Suppliers" >> you can see why Googlebot is getting confused as to what the actual name is ?

As you build your brands authority, Google bot will eventually figure out your name.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Re: Knowledge Graph not showing unless you enter city or state after business name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We had the postal schema taken off to see if it would update the search.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Mike M

I don't believe that would have made a difference. 

It would not have looked at the address in the structured data, because it was invalid. Structured data has to mark up information ON page, and the address was not on Page.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership