My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Knowing the Best My Business Setup for 2 Locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! 

I am with a small business with two locations. Currently, there are two separate Google My Business locations that I "manage" from my personal gmail account. For the most sensible customer experience as they search for our company, it would make sense that the two locations are linked under our singular name (as in, "here ya go, here's the company you wanted with their one website, and here's a little map with two spots on it"). How would I go about merging these two currently separate My Business accounts? Furthermore, should I go through the trouble now of setting up a formal "business" account separate from my own personal gmail? If so, what's the best way to do that? 

Many thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Knowing the Best My Business Setup for 2 Locations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
GoogleMyBusiness requires for each location of a business a separarte GMB listing.

It doesn't matter under which GoogleAccount (I mean email accout) you nanage them.
If useful you can manage them in different Google Accounts or in one Google Account but in different "Business Accounts"
But oyu can't manage both locations in one listing.

Re: Knowing the Best My Business Setup for 2 Locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just for my clarification then, will a Google search only generate a composite map of same-named businesses (given they must be managed on different MyBusiness pages) if they are within a certain mile radius? Our locations are 60 miles apart, but otherwise, have all the same information. The newer location only shows as a search result if a qualifier (say, "name-of-city") is added. Otherwise, the search result just defaults to the original location regardless if someone is searching for it just down the street. This is really the problem I'd like to find a way to address. Any thoughts?