My Business
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Kent's Market Plain City

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I've been trying to get a new business, opening in a month, up on Google My Business. I had it verified, but now it is suspended. I have tried to contact Google with a callback request, etc, but that function doesn't seem to be working?

I can't finish the form to reinstate the page, since i don't yet have a google plus page, which is required to complete the appeal. 

Could anyone point me in the right direction here?

Kent's Market Plain City

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

You cannot verify a GmB in advance. You need to have your web presence set up at the new loaction as well. You need to be at the stage where you can take the post card at the business address.

Any business at the address you are replacing needs to have any search result marked as Yes to the permanently closed question once you move in.

And you need to do the same for you old loacation, if you ahve one when you have actually moved out.

If you have an old business you need to go and update all your other web directory data as well to preserve ranking.

Re: Kent's Market Plain City

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you!

So, at this stage, is it best to remove these listings and start over once
the businesses are open next month?

--
*Joshua Stewart*
*ViralVoice Marketing*
*viralvoicemarketing.com *
(435)740-4864

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

If you have edited the old address GmB entry I would edit it back to the original details and post card verify now. You need to have a search entry showing for the old location so you can mark it as Permanently Closed when the time comes.

For the new location you need to start a couple of months ahead ideally and put its details into the 4 data aggregators, guide here.

https://moz.com/learn/local/local-search-data-us

And a month out start putting its details into subsidiary listing or editing them to the new location.

A week out make the new locations GmB entry and post card verify.

Thats the best way to have the new location rank well from the start.

And mark the old location as Permanently Closed the day you close. This leaves an entry for old data you cannot change to quietly join to.

One thing you should do before commiting to a new location is check search results for any old business there. If buying one and it has bad reviews you need to treat that as badwill when valuing the business. Due Diligence. If you do still buy it make one self  Review stating its under new ownership.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Does it make a difference that there is no old business? This is a brand
new location with a brand new address.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry about including generic advice for having an old business.

Without some details its harder to give specific advice.

Also you do not need to use a Google+ account to set a GmB up so this confuses me:

Saying you do not have a Google+ account.

Can you share the proposed location of the new business, address and ?Streetview.

The proposed name of the business and what you do.

A screen shot of your proposed new GmB edit page.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/How-to-add-screen-captures-or-s...