My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Just lost ten review in one day, what happened?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full business name: Octopus Music School
2. Current business address: 46 Bayard Street Ste 308 New Brunswick, NJ 08901
3. Current telephone number: (732) 491-8993
4. Google+ URL: https://plus.google.com/+OctopusMusicSchoolNewBrunswick/about

We recently opened up a second location a few miles away. Both locations are verified and open. For some reason, only 62 of our 72 reviews are showing up at our New Brunswick location. When I log in to Google My Business it says that we have 72 reviews, but in search and on maps, I only see 62. We have been at this for almost seven years and we very much value each and every one of our customer's reviews. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Just lost ten review in one day, what happened?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I have had several people mention this (the discrepancy of what shows in the dashboard vs what shows on Google). Let me see if there is a known bug. I will check with Google and get back to you.

Did you previously see 72 on Maps at some point?

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This happened to me. There is a technical issue on Google's end. I already reached out to Google My BUsiness Support and they said they will be working on it now - up to 2 weeks.

Try this link: https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_other_problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Joy, thanks for the response. Yes, as of a day or so ago I saw 72. Also, I counted all of the reviews visible and they did indeed tally to 72 so it appears that there is something wrong with the count displayed, perhaps not the reviews themselves.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I'm getting reports at my forum too, so was just coming to see if anyone had an update.

Thanks!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JoyHawkins (Top Contributor)
September 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Linda, I spoke with a rep at Google. They created a ticket for my business but say there have been a lot of people calling in about this issue. They told me to wait about 2 weeks but assured me that if I log into the dashboard and see "x" amount of reviews, that "x" amount will eventually be re-shown with my listing to the public.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Thanks so much David!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David,

We are facing a similar issue, where two to three weeks back the review for Ada chikan were 247 and all of a sudden they decreased to 200. After remaining so for around two weeks, now we see them at 234. Still missing the rest of 13 odd reviews. Can you take this issue to google as well. Or if possible let us know how to connect with them dierctly and pursue the issue.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Just wanted to follow up that the bug is now fixed so all your reviews should be back.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I run a small business details below. We got a review from a customer and this got removed! Could the team at Google My Business please explain. This review was completely GENUINE and we worked very hard for it!!! This is not acceptable.

I want someone to explain please??

Business Name- Websites 'N' More

Google Maps Link- https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Websites+'N'+More/@-29.175812,135.467522,4z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0...