My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Issues with business coming up in Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All, 

Looking for some insight into this mistake on our Google listing. The name of the hotel I represent is "Hotel Santa Barbara". When I search "hotel santa barbara santa barbara ca" our listing is populated with a competitors name! When I try to suggest an edit it automatically shows the correct name. It is so odd, and everything in the back end of my GMB account is accurate. Any insight?? Thanks!

2hotel_santa_barbara_santa_barbara_ca_-_Google_Search.jpghotel_santa_barbara_santa_barbara_ca_-_Google_Search.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Issues with business coming up in Google Maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jennie J

If you are managing this page, then WHY are you using suggest an edit?

You should be making changes in the account.

Secondly, Looking in mapmaker the change of the name was made within the account.

(when it says Google it means from inside the account )

Google Map Maker.png

So your 1st Job is to log into the account and correct the name and other details within the account.

Your 2nd job is to speak to the client and change access to whomever has access as well as the password to the account, so only trusted users can change details.

Please let me know when you have corrected the name and other details.

Then monitor the business page name, if it changes again, we can then escalate this to Google, for them to somehow deny any edits made to account.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership