My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Issue with changing the name!!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

We have changed our SHOP NAME from (TGF PIZZA) to (Fellbacher Pizza), I have made the change last week and on the map it has been updated and says Fellbacher pizza if you just zoom into our location, BUT, when you click on it, it says (TGF PIZZA Fellbacher Pizza) ???

Why is that ?

I have Edit and save the name under the Manage area, and it doesn't show TGF PIZZA at all ! but still shows up!

PS: I am a verified member... 

Please let me know how I can remove the TGF PIZZA name which appears before the Fellbacher Pizza.

Link: https://www.google.de/maps/place/TGF+Pizza+Fellbach/@48.8152139,9.2752848,18.27z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0...

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Shervin77 Google tries to verify the name by looking at all online references to that location. The section describing the name change it is an image, not text it is a graphic so google does not "see" that. A full footer notation of the name and address on the site would help. Also, any place else on the internet you are listed if you can it do that. Another suggestion is look in the articles section for the article on Seo for you listing. I mention this one since it tells you how to build information that helps the approval process of the name change. Adding the structured data will help. Also maybe write a short page on the site describing why the name change and what it could mean to the customers.

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Shervin77

your actual business name (as per "https://goo.gl/maps/TY2ekPwZPmv") violates heavily googles guidelines and I'm going to fix this violation now - changing it from "Fellbacher Pizza (früher bekannt als TGF Pizza Fellbach)" to just "Fellbacher Pizza"

Fertig!
Ihre Bearbeitung von Fellbacher Pizza wurde veröffentlicht. Änderung ansehen Bei bestimmten Änderungen kann es bis zu 24 Stunden dauern, bis sie auf Google sichtbar sind.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Thanks we have changed it to (Fellbacher Pizza) Only

BUT THE ISSUE is still there...

the business used to CALLED (TGF PIZZA) and we don't want it to show up any more, we just want (Fellbacher Pizza) I have edited it many times but you can see still shows up!

if you can help with how to REMOVE (TGF PIZZA) completely from search/result to show up would be great.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Shervin77 (and FYI @David W Cox)

I figured out the matter is kind of a LanguageUserfaceIssue.

Take a look onto this both GMaps URLs:

1# shows the name as "TGF Pizza Fellbach Fellbacher Pizza"

https://www.google.de/maps?hl=en&cid=5672604661788464206

while

2# shows the name properly as "Fellbacher Pizza"

https://www.google.de/maps?hl=de&cid=5672604661788464206

same difference happens for GoogleSearch dependign on the used Language UserInterface:

Using the English UI for a googleSearch shows "TGF Pizza Fellbach"

Using a German UI for a search shows "Fellbacher Pizza

Will try escalating it to Google

Done ( # 762 )

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hallo @Shervin77

Google hat mir mitgeteilt sie haetten in Bezug auf dein Problem an ein paar Stellschrauben gedreht um den irgedwo in Hintergrund herumgeisternden TGF-Alt-Eintrag im Muelleimer zu versenken

Die Sache sollte in ein paar Tagen behoben sein.
Sollte das auch naechst Woche zur gleichen Zeit immer noch nicht der Fall sein lass mich das hier wissen.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Shervin77

Gib mir aber auch dann hier Bescheid wenn der Fehler auch fuer dich schon vorher erkennbar beseitigt ist

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Thank you so much

is all works fine, and the new name shows on all searches...