My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Is this business eligible for Google My Business?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For Solar there needs to be a 'Solar Service' category.

The only category is for 'Selling Solar Equipment and Supplies'.  That is nowhere close to what we do.  Many people are looking for good solar service companies.  We don't all sell equipment.

I think that this is a newer business eventhough I have been doing this for over 16 years.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is this business eligible for Google My Business?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Daimon V,

Thanks for writing! I understand that it can be difficult to find the most appropriate category for your business, and that we do have fairly broad categories. Per this page, I recommend choosing the closest category to your type of business, even if it is not an exact match.

Let me know if you have any questions or need further help!

Best,
Liz

Re: Is this business eligible for Google My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am sure that you get many requests for new categories. It was my intent to let you know that having only one category for Solar is similar to having one category for 'Houses' or 'Automobiles'. I have frequently heard from my clients that they have had great difficulty finding a solar company that does service solar systems. Most of the companies only sell solar systems and do not want to service solar systems. I guess that is a lot like an automobile mechanic not being interested in selling cars. Or a real estate broker not repairing homes. Please log my request for the need for a 'Solar Service' category. I would be happy to answer any additional questions.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
January 2016

Re: Is this business eligible for Google My Business

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Daimon,

Thanks so much for the feedback! I have noted your request, and sent it on to the team that handles categories.

Thanks,
Liz