My Business
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Is there any way to track direct traffic from Google My Business ---> Website?

S T
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
S T
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi guys,

Simple question here. If you take a look at the attach picture below, as you can see, Website button is circled in Red.

Does anyone know how to isolate and identify traffic that comes to the website from that button, in Google Analytics?

It seems this traffic gets lumped in together with regular "organic search - Google".

sonytest.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is there any way to track direct traffic from Google My Business ---> Website?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @S T

It will list it in the Insights under >> Visit your Website

http://onlineownership.com/exporting-data-from-new-google-business-insights/

The other option is to also add a tracking Id onto URL used in Business Page URL

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Is there any way to track direct traffic from Google My Business ---> Website?

S T
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
S T
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm sorry, where can "Visit Your Website" be found?

Re: Is there any way to track direct traffic from Google My Business ---> Website?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @S T

Select >> Manage Location

Scroll down to Insights Section

Online Ownership   Dashboard2.png

Then scroll down to customer actions

Online Ownership   Insights.png

In my original answer I also showed you a link on how to export the data for monthly tracking.

I just realised >> do you have a verified business page, I assumed you did

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

S T
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
S T
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks a lot mate!

Figured out the problem - I was in LIST view and not CARD view, the former not having any Manage Locatiojn button...

Thanks! 

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

To add on the the excellent advice you already got form @Tim_Capper, when he mentioned the adding a URL id tracker and since you are using Google Analytics.  You can use the UTM tracking:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en

To help created the UTM tracking ID's you can use this Google Tool

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en

Example:

UTM example.JPG

Here you can self define the Parameters or Naming Labels ( Your Choice), and at the end of the string You copy the URL given and use that as your "Website URL" in the Google My Business slot for website domain.

Anything in the URL string after the ? is a parameter and will not effect your SEO,  Local Search (NAP) etc.

PRO TIP:

( If you go this route, always test to to make sure your Final URL is being show through GA,  You can text by Just putting your New URL string into your browser,  make sure it leads to your site, and then Check back with your Google Analytics to see that it works correctly, prior to making the true Change into your GMB Bashboard. )

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Thanks for handy advise there @Eric Gehler