My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Is there any way of finding the most searched keyword from a specific location ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm an intern who is new at Analytics. I am trying to figure out if I can see which of my company's keywords, are being searched on the most to lead to our site. And if it's possible, where to find this info.

Can anyone help me out? When replying think: Analytics for Dummy's.

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is there any way of finding the most searched keyword from a specific location ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Amber S

We are the Google My Business forum, this is the Analytics one.

But i should be able to answer this for you.

Google removed most of this or anonymised it quite a few years back, so you have to do a bit of digging and guesswork.

1) Make sure you have Google Search Console attached / connected with Analytics account. This will then populate in your Analytics and appear under Acquisition >> Search Console >> Queries

screenshot-analytics.google.com-2017-07-25-21-42-40.png

You can then see certain queries that were searched and you received traffic. Also you can look at a drill down of your most popular pages and get a rough idea as to what potential searches were for.

2) You can also go to the actual search console and check the search analytics section >> it provides roughly the same info if attached to analytics,

screenshot-www.google.com-2017-07-25-21-48-13.png

And lastly, you can add this dashboard that I created for a brief overview of metrics.

( you must have analytics and search console connected )

https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/template?uid=YbkG3dFEQiqah-36Llvujw

when logged into analytics, click the link >> select the website and it will be added to your Dashboard section.

screenshot-analytics.google.com-2017-07-25-21-53-57.png

You can also just check analytics for all your traffic pages. Behavior >> Site Content >> Content Drill Down

See what the page is and make educated guesses as to what the search queries would be that people searched to find that page.

Hope that helped.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Re: Is there any way of finding the most searched keyword from a specific location ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Very much Tim, thank you!