My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Is there any possible way to aquire an entire business category for the US Nation.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Let me explain. So for a study that i am doing. I am curious to know if a list of "used car dealers" and/or "car dealer" exist for the entire nation of the US.

It may sound confusing because i may not be explaining it correctly. But to make it simple. Whenever you search for a business name, a small window/display appears on the right side of the screen with all the business information ( business name. Phone number, address, etc) Underneath the name however it seems as if the the the business has been classified under a certain category. I am wondering since i can look for them individually as public information. Is there anyway to have a list of all businesses categorized under the two "used car dealers" and/or "car dealer" any information would be great and i appreciate any advice.

Cheers.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is there any possible way to aquire an entire business category for the US Nation.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Zachary K,

The info box that appears on the right side of the SERPs (search engine result pages) on Google is called the knowledge Panel and this info is pulled from the knowledge Graph and various resources online. It has a variety of info, depending on type of business, and most-often includes NAP (name, address, phone).

With all of that said, which was for your general, future use, there is no listing you can request and get. This is something you would have work to compile yourself or hire a third-party, such as a mailing list service... although getting all of them for the entire USA is not going to be easy. 

Best of luck with your quest for more data.

Kind Regards,

James