My Business
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way I can get notifications about suggestions done at Google My Business

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello, I have one issue, and it seems that I can't find a solution into GMB Help Center, so I decided to address this issues here at this forum.
Beside getting regular updates at my Gmail from my verified GMB listing, such as email notifications for reviews made from customers, monthly performances report (insights of visits on maps, search, directions,reviews), unfortunately I'm not getting at all email notifications concerning changes (suggestions done my G Maps users, Google  representatives, on whatever detail, such as hours, website etc) that happen into the GMB listing when those are either implemented or waiting for my review approval, shown with a yellow bar and a review button when you log in into the dashboard.  
Even though I have checked all options for notifications for email notifications into https://business.google.com/settings  screenshot-business.google.com-2017-02-15-09-20-49.pngagain this doesn't include alerts coming to my Gmail about such suggestions done my G Maps users, Google  representatives, or already implemented (when I say implemented, sometimes some changes are live without asking me as a listing owner, without giving me the chance to review them before being live, published from Google).

The only way I trace them down such changes/suggestions is when I login to the dashboard,  and see either a yellow bar like this: review bar.png

or such updates of my business are already integrated/implemented into the listing, which is unfortunate. Such changes might be traceable within Map Maker profile (expiring March 2017), but again, getting email notification prior to the change is a must in such cases.
Please help me to find a way and get gmail notifications each time a change/suggestion arrives to my GMB listing?

Kind regards,
Justin
Wild Brooklyn
340 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn NY, 11249

cell +1 347-252-6414 (available 9.30-18.30 EST)

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is there a way I can get notifications about suggestions done at Google My Business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I never do "Suggest an edit" via the GMB knowledge graph of a listing.

I instead use the GMaps view of any listing I like to make any  suggestion.

I then get two things:

I get

1# a mail from GMaps telling me "Success" or "thanks for your edit  - its being reviewed"  - wording like this - depending on what GMaps beleives would appropriate.

I then get

2# all my edits and suggestions listed via my "contributions" link on GMaps:

See below:

screenshot-www.google.co.uk 2017-02-15 13-57-31.png

and then after clicking "Your contributions" I get  this list of all my suggestions / edits - the approved ones as well as the pending ones:

screenshot-www.google.co.uk 2017-02-15 13-58-50.png

Re: Is there a way I can get notifications about suggestions done at Google My Business

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Helmut,
Thank you for replying back.
Actually I might have not been detailed with my question, though I understand the process what you just explained earlier.

My question is not about making suggestion/edits/contributions to a map location or whatever.

My concern is that basically someone else makes suggestions/edits/contributions to my listing and me as primary owner unfortunately I'm not getting at all any gmail notifications concerning a change to my listing (suggestions/edits done by G Maps users, spammers, Google etc. on listing details: such as name, phone, hours, website etc).

The only way I trace them down such changes/suggestions/edits (done by G Maps users, spammers, Google etc.) is when I login to the dashboard,  and see either a yellow bar like this: 

Review.png

And I can't check the dashboard everyday if someone has made a changes/suggestions/edits, so there must be a way to get a gmail notification each time a change/suggestion/edit is done to my GMB listing?!
You are aware of any way to set up such gmail or GMB settings? And get a gmail notification?Regards,
Justin

Is there a way I can get notifications about suggestions done at Google My Business

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Part of my question is anwered here http://blumenthals.com/blog/2017/02/26/google-rolling-out-configurable-system-wide-alerts/comment-pa...

Can't wait to see Google adding an ALERT feature in Gmail for any GMB changes/edits.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

The suggestions you refer to are a GMaps based feature ràther then GMB based.

And they appear as "suggested" on GMaps for your Business if searching it on GMaps only

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@JustinD

Do you have an example of a recent change that you were not alerted of? If you give me what was changed and the date you noticed it, I can ask Google about it.

It's my understanding that they don't update business owners via email for changes to the listing currently, which frankly I think is dumb.

Can you also clarify if the alert in your dashboard showed you the change, you just didn't get an email about it?

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello @JoyHawkins
I know you have also discussed alot about such issue, especially once Map Maker will be terminated. I never get an email if there is a change in my verified GMB listing, except when someone asks for admin rights! 
Basically a verified GMB listing owner never gets an email alert if a change/edit has been done to the website or NAP by a spammer, friendly user, wherever, and usually those edits has been accepted by Google (without letting me know).
THis means you have to be on top of your listing everyday to check it through the dashboard and see if a yellow REVIEW UPDATES bar has appeared there. 
Yet, part of my question is answered here by @Mike Blumenthal http://blumenthals.com/blog/2017/02/26/google-rolling-out-configurable-system-wide-alerts/comment-pa... Google is adding email alerts coming from G+.
Gmail notifications.png
I can't wait to see Google adding an ALERT feature in Gmail for any GMB component/attribute changes/edits (no matter where they come from of by whom). I wish it happens very soon. Please let me know if anyone notices any change.