My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to request an update to the "See Photos" photo?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Store Search Result

1: Southbay Motorsports

2: 1890 Auto Park Place, Chula Vista, CA 91911

3: 619-420-2300

4: https://plus.google.com/b/115896649889739809765/+SouthbayMotorsports

The store front of our current location's no longer has the large "Victory" sign you see in the result. Instead, it now has a "KTM" sign. This picture is one that was taken by a professional and uploaded to Google alongisde a Virtual Tour. Since then, our listing of manufacturers has altered and the manufacturer Victory is no longer a part of our business. Is there anything I can do to replace that default image that shows in "See Photos"? To my knowledge, I have done what I can to remove any traces of it on my end. The profile itself does not display this older picture on the page. Through Identity photos while editing the page, the cover picture is a recent picture of our storefront. The only exterior photo listed under the category of Exterior photos is the same new image of the store front. Interior photos do not include this image nor the old image. Product, Team, and Additional photos are currently blank.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is it possible to request an update to the "See Photos" photo?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Jason T

Searching your biz I get this result:

Screenshot 2016-03-23 at 17.50.49.png

clicking on "see photos'

I get this:

Screenshot 2016-03-23 at 17.52.09.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler, I got your first picture, but nothing displayed after in your post. The first picture, however, is my concern; I've highlighted the image in question that (I believe) does not exist anywhere else in the business' profile picture that I have the power to modify. I realize clicking on the picture brings up that image, blown up. However, clicking on the first few images you will they were not uploaded by the business compared to the later images which tag the business profile on the image information on the top-left. With that I don't know how to remove them. (I am also unsure why I have two virtual tours on there, identical. I assume this was an error by the photographer we hired.)

see-photos.jpg

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I updated my previous post adding the missing screenshot.
But I still don't get the "Victory" sign visible.
Do I need new glasses? ;-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler The Victory sign is on the top-center of the building on (our) right side of the image in the "See photos" in the search result screen. I have highlighted the image I'm speaking of in my previous post. The Victory sign is the red "V" symbol with white text to the right of it. When actually clicking "See photos", it is the second image on the results seen, after the virtual tour, on the bottom horizontal bar. A few images later (6th on the list, just off your screen) you'll see the new store front image.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

for certain I need new glasses.

Do you refer to the yellow symbol  on top of the building as with this pic and my red arrow points on it?:

screencapture (7).png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, that entire sign (the red, white, and black) is gone. If you look in the "See Photos" you'll see I have uploaded a new picture of the building that looks near identical a few pictures down. For reference, this is the picture I speak of: 6th image on the list of photos. The photo now states "KTM" on that same area.

My issue is I have no idea where the first image in question is. I cannot locate it in any area of photos to remove it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@Jason T

Please refer to the link https://support.google.com/business/answer/6103862?hl=en which says 'Google determines which photo will be shown on Google Maps and Search using a number of factors, like how well the photo represents the services or products the business offers.Although your first photo preference is taken into account, there’s no guarantee that your preferred photo will be the first photo on Google.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Jaspreet K The image in question was taken here locally by a photographer, if the image was a Google Street View or "customer" photograph I would agree with your statement, however I verbally requested the photographer to come and take the picture as part as Google's Trusted Photographer program. I am hoping that considering I have paid to have this picture taken and uploaded, I would also have access to removing it when it no longer properly reflects the business. Considering the photographer has been hard to reach since the shoot, I am skeptical I could get his assistance in this matter.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason T
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Jason T

you really confused me with the red (versus yellow) color of the Victory sign..
But now I picked up  the enlarged photo and I now understand what you refer to and its this one:

Screenshot 2016-03-23 at 19.58.05.png

the above photo is unwanted while  this one 

Screenshot 2016-03-23 at 20.00.59.png

is the photo of your business page (it's cover photo)- right?

Its also visible with https://plus.google.com/photos/+SouthbayMotorsports/albums/6026750465804948689

I would try contacting business support requesting to show the actual photo instead of the older photo within oyur knowledge graph

The best way to contact business support:
https://support.google.com/business/contactflow?hl=en