My Business
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to remove an invalid review?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! I hope someone out there can help with a review issue.  Is it possible to have a review removed? Link

As best we can tell the review is Off-topic as we've searched for any account/user under that name and haven't been able to find any record of this person. We've replied to the review for more information and haven't been contacted.  The review is extremely short and unhelpful as it provides no information on an issue if they did have an account.  We're at a bit of a loss!

Any help would be very much appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @OnSolve,

You can only have a review removed if violates Google's Review Guidelines.

Unfortunately, the review you are referring to does not violate any of these guidelines so it will not be removed.

I would suggest trying to get new positive reviews from customers by providing great service that will outweigh this negative review.

Apologies we couldn't help!

Cheers,

Krystal

Krystal Taing
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how to here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Unfortunately I'm sure this does violate the Review Guidelines.  Specifically this: 

• Off-topic reviews: Don’t post reviews based on someone else’s experience, or that are not about the specific place you’re reviewing. Reviews aren’t meant to be a forum for general political or social commentary or personal rants. Wrong location or the place is closed? Use the Report a problem link to report that information instead of writing a review.

We're a business founded on June 5th providing enterprise and government level critical communications.  We do not do off-the-street sales and are entirely account based.  Our frustration is that this appears to us as a review from a non-customer, perhaps someone confused us with another organization, and thus off-topic.  We have no record of this person ever using any product we manage.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi @OnSolve,

I totally understand your frustration! The challenge is that in order for Google to remove the review, they would have to be able to prove the review is off-topic based on the user's behavior and/or content within the review. Google has to validate that this user's experience is invalid which isn't apparent in the review. They won't have access to any of your client records, etc.

I hope this explanation is helpful.

Krystal Taing
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how to here.