AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to delete a business location?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

a few of our offices moved locations and I am currently updating everything (Getting new locations verified, uploading pictures, etc.) and starting to enjoy the "Google My Business" functions more and more :)

I am just wondering if it is somehow possible to remove / delete old locations from Google Maps, rather than just mark them as permanently closed?

I think it is confusing for someone searching our business and getting ~10 results and trying to find right one in terms of address and contact details, rather than just having the the exact 5 locations our business is at with updated information.

Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name = Röhlig Australia Pty. Ltd.
2. Current business address = different for each location
3. Current telephone number = different for each location 
4. Google+ URL = different for each location

Thanks for feedback / tips :)

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carl R
September 2016

Re: Is it possible to delete a business location?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
hi Carl

Google will only remove listings that are duplicates, spam or should never have existed in the first place (online only business for example mistakenly sets up Local page).

The Permanently Closed locations will drop off the search results in time however, especially as you build up your online trust again with Google in your new locations.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carl R
September 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
hi Carl

Google will only remove listings that are duplicates, spam or should never have existed in the first place (online only business for example mistakenly sets up Local page).

The Permanently Closed locations will drop off the search results in time however, especially as you build up your online trust again with Google in your new locations.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Priya,

okay - thanks for the reply / info anyway! :)

Will try to work on our 'online trust' then in the hope that permanently closed locations will disappear at some stage.

cheers
Carl