My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Is it okay to add a keyword after my company name and Google places

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know there's an ongoing debate and I wanted to see if this is actually true and I was under the impression that adding keywords to the back of your business name like this was not allowed

any imput , I was thinking if it's not the problem that would be a great way to rank

ComputerXpress - Computer Repair Services Lakeland FL.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David

Adding keywords to your business name is definitely against Google's guidelines: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en&ref_topic=4540086

Check out the details under Business Name to confirm that keywords are not allowed.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

if thats the fact how do people seem to keep getting away with it ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

It's a bit like speeding Mary - lots of people get away with it, until they don't :)

Unfortunately there is so much of it (spam, keyword stuffing) that sometimes it does slip through. If you see keyword stuffed business names I highly recommend using the suggest an edit function to rename the listing name to the correct real-world business name - that's what I do.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes it seems to happen quite often I wonder when the day will come when it will be an algorithm that actually determines this spam naturally