My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Is a site able to get listed in the local map search results if they don't have a store or business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey All, 

I was hoping someone either from Google or from the community could help me out with a question. Is a site able to get listed in the local map search results if they don't have an actual store or business in that area? 

Here is some additional information about the site: 

• If someone calls in or fills out a form on their site, they are able to refer them to a specific business in their area. 
  • The site does not actually own any of these businesses, nor are they affiliated with them. They simply are sending potential clients to these businesses.

If this site is able to get listed, is it going against any of Google's guidelines? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is a site able to get listed in the local map search results if they don't have a store or busin

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Michael P, great question. The answer is no.

Businesses must make in-person contact with people in order to be listed through GMB. So a lead aggregator, for example, would not qualify. 

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Re: Is a site able to get listed in the local map search results if they don't have a store or busin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the replay Colan. What if the site was utilizing Service area listings? Would the site still have to make in-person contact with the people in that specific service area?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Colan maybe you can help me.
I have a business acct. but my brick and mortar does not show on GMB. Suggestions?
thanks

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Michael P, no, you need to make in-person contact. Here's the guideline:

Eligible businesses

In order to qualify for a Google My Business listing, a business must make in-person contact with customers during its stated hours.

@jason p please start a new topic with your question to help keep things organized.

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Appreciate the help Colan.