My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Is Personal branding relevant in Google Maps?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a client who wish to separate his Business Branding from his Personal Branding. He wish to have his name associated with Google Maps as well. We were wondering if this is advisable or does Google recommend Personal Branding for Google Maps Listing. Please advise.

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Glady M
February 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Glady M

Some general business feedback and a key to strong branding is to be consistent. 

Dilution of the brand message or creative usually just creates a dilution of the brand.

Specifically relating to Google Maps and SEO - consistency is also important, especially NAP (Name, Address, Phone) details.

Unless there is a really specific reason to separate the branding, it's probably best to steer away from doing so.

I hope this is helpful.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Glady M
February 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Glady M

Some general business feedback and a key to strong branding is to be consistent. 

Dilution of the brand message or creative usually just creates a dilution of the brand.

Specifically relating to Google Maps and SEO - consistency is also important, especially NAP (Name, Address, Phone) details.

Unless there is a really specific reason to separate the branding, it's probably best to steer away from doing so.

I hope this is helpful.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

sorry @Glady M 

- don't understand the question.

We are here to help about GoogleMyBusiness listings - right?

About waht  GoogleMyBusiness listing are you talking and how is it related to a "personal branding"?

Please elaborate.