My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Invitation emails are never received

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can't send invitation for ownership of a my business page I own. I've seen this is/was an issue for others and mainly has been dealt with switching to Classic View which is no longer an option. Later there was a workaround found in this thread, but in my case it does work. Users simply do not see neither an email invitation, nor they see a invitation under https://myaccount.google.com/brandaccounts. Perhaps there is something other I can try as I see the majority of the posts are around an year old or older.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Has the listing been verified and published?

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Re: Invitation emails are never received

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes. Sorry for not making this clear, I am quite new to this. It is both
published and verified.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

sorry @Joel H for chiming  in.

But I'ld like to make a test proposal  @Tsvetoslav A :

Try inviting me as a co-owner.

(no scam nor bad intention! -and you know being able to kick meout at any time you like)

In case your invite  won't reach me I would use this fact in order to escalate it to Google.

In caseyo agree:

YOu can invite me using the email as listed bottom the body of my website

In case  you decide  to play the test lemme know here once whether and once you sent  the invite.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I'd vouch for Helmut helping you on this one.

The other thing I was thinking, have the target accounts (invitees) signed in to Google My Business prior to the invite? 

Finally, have other requested access to the listing, and you didn't reply within 7 days? You might be in a weird state of verification. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut, I just invited you with the email from the link you provided. No scam worries.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Sorry @Tsvetoslav A  (& FYI @Joel H)

Due to not getting mentioned  by @Tsvetoslav A I missed to take  a look to  my other account  (the one mentioned  bottom the body of my website  and  starting with place4bus...)

But now I did and did not see in this GMail account any invite message

(this is very interesting as I recently got and accepted via this special account  an invite from an other user without any issues)

Screenshot 2018-02-21 at 16.30.10.png

Therefore not getting the your nvite is very unlikely caused by my own account. 

Btw even https://myaccount.google.com/brandaccounts?si=1 doesn'tindicate getting the invite.

So I belive we should prepare an escalation>

Would you @Tsvetoslav A please provide me a screenshot of your  dahsbaord showing for the listing you invited me the view of the content of the tab "Users".

And would  you please  provide forthe listingin question th below info:

1. Business Name
2. Business Address
3. Business Phone number
4. Maps URL
5. Website

And  please don't forget again to mention me properly as @Helmut Geissler

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I can reproduce this behavior on another account. I'll go ahead and escalate this one @Helmut Geissler 

@Tsvetoslav A - please list the information Helmut has submitted. 

Highlighted

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Also, I've confirmed that the account I can reproduce this issue with has had a unanswered ownership request sent. So, now, with the account I sent the ownership request, I've been given an option to re-verify. 

@Tsvetoslav A can you let me know if someone requested ownership to the account? Check the email of the current owner and see if there's an email that was sent with the subject:

{name of person} has requested access to {name on listing} on Google My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Helmut Geissler,

please find the requested info:

1. Business Name - Италия Моторс (don't know if Cyrillic is somewhat of an issue)
2. Business Address - Лъчезар Станчев 5 1797 София (again, don't know if Cyrillic is somewhat of an issue)

3. Business Phone number - +359 2 892 1336
4. Maps URL - here
5. Website - www.vespa.bg

Screenshot:

ScreenshotPermissions.png