My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Intentional Defaming Google Review from 'Someone'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work at Sturgeon and Beck, Inc. in Tulare, CA. We are located at 350 S L Street in Tulare, CA.  

I recently was involved in a disagreement at my place of work with a first time client. The client and her husband were upset with our place of work and felt that we were underperforming. She became belligerent and took her car before the repairs were completed. She told me she was going to leave a bad review, which is her prerogative. However, in doing so, she defamed both my employer and myself. She claimed the reason for her subpar service was because I am racist and my employer is racist. Our conversations never involved anything regarding race. I am, in fact, married to a Hispanic woman. I find it extremely disturbing that I, as a white man, cannot have a disagreement with an individual without her assuming that I am only upset at her for the color of her skin. I am made extremely uneasy by the fact that my name is online attached to such heinous allegations. Defamation of character / libel are intolerable. I would like the content removed and Google only allows you to flag the comment. I had 5 other service workers in the direct vicinity that can vouch the fact that I did not say or do anything that could be construed as racist. She took it upon herself to do as much damage to my reputation as she could, but did so in a very low, untruthful manner.

The link to our business is provided below:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#safe=off&q=sturgeon+and+beck+in+tulare&lrd=0x80952b9e1fcc2af1:0xf...,

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Patrick B,

I flagged the review for removal. That is the only recourse we have with reviews. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cannot understate how appreciative I am for your help. This situation has made me feel very vulnerable. Thank you for helping me rectify this situation

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

i submitted flagged removal request as well.  Hope it helps

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Patrick B,

You are very welcome. 

With Eric flagging it, as well as myself, it should help.

All the best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you both. Working customer service often shows the worst in people. I appreciate you both doing what you can. I certainly wish you guys the best!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having a hard time with this, as a have members of family that are people of color. Anything and everything helps

Re: Intentional Defaming Google Review from 'Someone'

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Patrick B

I have sent this direct to the team to look at.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I sincerely appreciate it!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please let me know when/if you hear anything. Google has yet to reach out to me or address this issue with me direct. I would like this to be rectified as soon as possible. Again, thank you for your help