My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Integration with Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any way to integrate a Google My Business page with Google Analytics? It would be nice to get more detailed information about the clicks than is offered in the Insights, and also to be able to follow the clicks down the funnel to a conversion. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Integration with Google Analytics

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Troy, I believe this article should still be relevant http://localu.org/blog/how-to-segment-local-search-analytics/

I'm sure one of the TC's or Rising Stars will be by shortly with even more good tips.

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Colan. So, assuming that a click on the Google My Business listing website link in the new snack pack results in a visit with a referral source of maps.google.com in Google Analytics, I could segment the data based on that source to see the relevant traffic. Unfortunately I'm not seeing any maps.google.com referrals at all, going back a couple of years, and I know there have been multiple clicks to the website reported by Insights.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Troy P
December 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
With additional research I found the best way to track traffic from your Google My Business page using Google Analytics is to add a tracking URL in the Website field of your Google My Business account. You can create the tracking URL using the URL Builder tool https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en.