AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Insights

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I am Lydia Thayer the Marketing Director For Humble Sign Co, in Houston, Texas.

Our photos view on insights have flatlined to zero. We have over 30 uploaded and I wanted to make sure they are being seen in google searches.

Our current address is

3435 FM 1960, Humble, TX 77338

#: 281-812-2100

http://humblesignco.com/

google maps location

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lydia T
June 2017

Re: Insights

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Lydia T

Insights are to be taken with a little pinch of salt. Some of my pages flat lined around the 19th June.

If the listing is visible, then your images are visible. I did a few searches and your business page is showing.

I think it may be a normal glitch in insights

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lydia T
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Lydia T

Insights are to be taken with a little pinch of salt. Some of my pages flat lined around the 19th June.

If the listing is visible, then your images are visible. I did a few searches and your business page is showing.

I think it may be a normal glitch in insights

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Insights

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

Insights

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My flat lined in August this year? Does it get fixed? I do find it useful as a comparison to my competitors. Cheers, Cath

Insights

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Catherine, Yes eventually (maybe a week) it went back to normal. Insights need to be taken with a grain of salt. Just as @Tim Capper said in his response. Everything was working normally, just did not show that way. 

Insights

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Lydia T @Catherine F

Happened to me also, photo stats flat lined all of a sudden on the 15th of Sept, but only came back more than 2 weeks later, on the 3rd of Oct....why is this?

Not good dependable stats then?

Any real technical reason for this @Tim Capper?

Insights

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Agreed - any technical reason? If to be taken as a grain of salt, then not that helpful so why have it as a stat at all? We need these things to be dependable as we actually use the information @Tim Capper

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Catherine F

I agree, but it is not analytics that is attached to a website it involves massive amounts of data from multiple sources and searches.

If you look at your websites Google search console, which also provides info from search results, you will also notice inaccuracies as well as data refresh points regularly.

The only way you will get near perfect info is traffic and calls to your website, thats if you are using utm tracking codes and call tracking for tel numbers.