My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Insights of google my business listing flatlined to zero

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why would the impressions and clicks of my local business listing go down to zero?

I have been monitoring 3 business listings since this summer, they all had around 1,500 impressions and 150 clicks a day consistently until December started. All 3 started decreasing and have now flatlined to zero clicks and almost no impressions.

Is anybody else experiencing the same issue? Is it normal or something else going on like a tracking problem, a penalty or an algorithm change?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Insights of google my business listing flatlined to zero

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am seeing the same decrease in impressions and clicks on over a dozen of accounts but I don't have data from last year's December. Could someone please explain? 20-30% seasonal changes are one thing but falling down to zero just doesn't seem normal
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Will, this happens often due to imperfections with Insights in general. It's likely a bug/glitch of some sort.

Can you provide a screenshot of the Insights section in your dashboard?

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
here is the screenshoot: http://imgur.com/kRGjhB9
This is the first time I see something like this without a public disclosure of the tracking issues in google

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Most likely a glitch. Did the page's experience a ranking drop around the same time?
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Nothing as significant, some even went up in rankings and visibility. Do you have any examples of glitches like this in the past? I still can't believe they are not saying anything about this. I would feel better if I had an official explanation of what is happening. Are your business listings in the same boat? We checked 15 across Canada but they are all in the same industry, I am still curious if more people out there are seeing something similar.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
I don't have a particular example in mind. But you might find some other posts on the subject if you search around.