My Business
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Insights Driving request data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

under the insights section of the google my business page it shows customers have requested driving directions in the customer action  area but under the "driving direction request" section it shows no data why is this? It would be very helpful to know where our customers are coming from for future locations.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Insights Driving request data

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Slon B

If other data is showing, then I will say that no one has requested driving directions from their mobile phone yet.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This shows that there have been 27 driving requests but below no heat map.
screencapture-business-google-u-2-b-114609070328039584277-insights-l-02282919599560418309-1475866919056.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey @Slon B

Okay so you mean the heat map.

If this is not being generated then the users were not sharing their location data on their mobile phones.

You will see as time goes on and more data is collected from people who are opting in to sharing their location data, you will start getting a heat map displayed.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Tim,

Thanks for pointing out the location data, I've also found driving directions data inconsistent but hadn't considered that factor. Isn't there also a minimum number of requests before the map starts appearing? I have only seen the heat map appear for clients that have more than 300 direction requests per month.

Do you happen to know how the number of requests are categorised? From the data below I'd assume 705 requests were made from the city of Sydney, however none of the subtotals add up to this number.

Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 11.29.00 am.png

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Lachlan W

I have no idea how they will be categorised.

But you need to take these with a large pinch of salt because they are relying on geo location data from cell towers and cell towers overlap.

I doubt they will ever be accurate.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh that makes sense, thanks for your help Tim :)