My Business
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Incorrectlhy Ranking for Abortions and it's causing harm

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client who's GMB profile shows in the local pack and on maps from time to time when people search for an abortion doctor. This is something that she actually doesn't do. 

A few months ago, I contacted GMB support and they escalated this to the SERP team and it was actually fixed. Recently I called the folks in Farmington again and was informed that they no longer, possibly never, had the ability to report this to the Google search team.

Normally, we would just look for links from sites and try to have her removed, but in this case, it's a bit more serious. People in her area have strong feelings about folks that perform this procedure and sometimes make those opinions known rather impolitely.

Any suggestions on who to report this to at Google would be helpful. Any other tactical suggestions would also be much appreciated.

Dr. Susan Dimick, MD

Edmond Oklahoma

405 475 0100

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dr.+Susan+Dimick,+MD/@35.6459034,-97.4651819,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Incorrectlhy Ranking for Abortions and it's causing harm

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Paul, Looks like this is resulting from the pairing of Abortion+Dimick in Google. There are many instances of different doctors with the same last name.

I would push to make contact with some of the top contributors to have your request escalated. Even then you may have a challenge because the algorithm is triggering your listing to appear.

Good luck. You will win this battle one day :)

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Paul

I'll escalate to our CM and see if she can help at all.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks,

Very much appreciate the help. It's hard to know where to turn in a case like this :)