My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Incorrect information displays in search results despite correct info in Business account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Green Lake Park

2. 7201 East Green Lake Dr N, Seattle, WA 98115
3. (206) 684-4075

4. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Green+Lake+Park/@47.6802132,-122.3283188,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x...

Green Lake Park is a large park located in Seattle, WA. The park is correct in my Business account, and everything looks good. However, the search results are displaying an incorrect name and information form a park in Canada. See search results here: https://www.google.com/search?q=green+lake+park&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8. When I suggest changes, clicking on the name reveals the correct info.

How do I correct this information? I have reported the error multiple times and everything looks good from the Google Business account end of things. I called support and they were tremendously unhelpful!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Incorrect information displays in search results despite correct info in Business account

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi there...

I clicked on both of the links you provided. In the second link, I think the issue is that you only searched, 'Green Lake Park' and the search shows a park in NY, at least for me. However, when I search Green Lake Park Seattle then I see your correct listing. So, what that means to me is that there are more than one Green Lake Parks and without a geolocator at the end of the search it will populate whichever listing. However, someone located in Seattle will more than likely get your listing. Since I am in Florida, it's a total toss up on which I get without a geolocator. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How odd. I see "Green Lake Provincial Park" when searching in my area and with Seattle on the location. It displays the wrong info on my mobile device as well.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Is the information right? You could always try searching in incognito or using a IE. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The information isn't correct. I've had several users test this in different locations, and they are all getting Green Lake Provincial Park, which is wrong. There are maps versions for the lake (body of water in the park) and Green Lake (neighborhood named after the park) so this can be confusing to research.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Do you refer to the knowledge panel showing the same listing as correchty with your link as Green Lake Park instead as "Green Lake Provincial Park"?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What is happening is that my Google Business info is correct, but the search results are showing incorrect info. I've had several users test this across the state and country, and they are all reporting the error.

I've submitted this correction multiple times via the report function. When I choose "report a problem" and try to correct the name of the park, the correct name shows up. It is absolutely vexing.

How do I correct a location I control when everything on my end is accurate? Google is somehow assigning the wrong wikipedia article and dataset, and I have no idea what to do to fix it.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Here is the number for phone support:1-844-491-9665

They may be able to sort it out and help you. At least get a claim ticket sorted out. 

It does take a couple of days to approve the listing. Also, make sure that your listing is accurate on other listings on the web such as Facebook, Bing, etc. Also, make sure your website has detailed information as well. This will help support your issue. Now that I am typing this, you may want to do these things before contact GMB support and wait a couple of days to see if anything changes.