My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Incorrect info in Knowlege panel shows business closed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A Customer of mine  has a  bed and Breakfast  with a website www.lamanabedandbreakfast.com  that unfortunately shows "Permanently Closed" in the Knowledge panel.  The  website company that set up and runs the  site is being unhelpful and the customer has no   technical  ability and is lost  really. I have several times clicked and entered  the "REPORT" button on the knowledge panel.

How does she get the error removed. ( there is a review underneath the Permanently Closed" message just to  prove it is open! )

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Incorrect info in Knowlege panel shows business closed.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @john s,

It would be best if the actual business owner ask the company that manages his listing to transfer ownership to him, the company would remain as a manger of the listing.

Once the actual business owner has ownership of the business listing in GMB he could easily report it as open through the GMB dashboard.

Reports through Maps could take a long time and since the B&B looks like a residential house it might even be ignored. It does not hep that the business sign was blurred in Street View. I can see the sign in the web site.

If the company that currently owns the business listing refuses to transfer ownership, the business owner should go through the process to request ownership that is described in this help center article.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671

It is a slow process, if the current owner does not reply after 7 days the actual business owner would have a chance to claim the ownership.

I suggest to get in touch with the current owner listing to get the transfer of ownership done right away.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor