My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Incorrect Google Maps address taking over my business address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm really hoping someone can help with this because I have called google about 8 times and they haven't been able to help because the address in question isn't my business address. Here is what I'm dealing with. 

My Business address is :

15015 W Bell Rd.

Suite 101

Surprise AZ 85374

BAD ADDRESS: If I put this address into maps it takes me to a location about 1.5 miles down the road. It takes you here: 

13864 W Bell Rd

Surprise AZ 85374

If I leave the suite number out of my address it shows the correct location. e.g.

15015 W Bell Rd.

Surprise AZ 85374

It seems to me that the "101" as the title of that incorrect address is causing the incorrect results to be returned in maps. In fact, it's not just my address being affected by this. If i transpose the address a bit it still takes me to that incorrect location. e.g. 15016 W Bell Rd. Suite 101, Surprise AZ 85374

I have requested several times for google to remove the 101 from that address and they just haven't done it. I have called their google business support lines and all they can do is reset the marker for my business location when I know that isn't going to fix the issue. I'm positive at this point that the issue lies with the BAD ADDRESS above. This is causing our patients to be very frustrated when they finally get to our office because they were originally sent to the wrong location. Can anyone here help fix this problem or suggest how I might get the bad address updated to remove the "101"?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Incorrect Google Maps address taking over my business address

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yep @Kevin D

seems the is an address issue in MapMaker and in GMaps for 15015 W Bell Rd if adding 101 as suite number.

Im not sure how to fix this on the GMB path.

But I edited the strange and wrong address marker for "15015 W Bell Rd. Suite 101 Surprise AZ 85374" to the same location as for "15015 W Bell Rd. Surprise AZ 85374"

This address change seems live already. Please try it yourself.

Once it gives for you on MapMaker (www.google.com/mapmaker) for "15015 W Bell Rd. Suite 101 Surprise AZ 85374" also the correct location you can try to continue with this address on GMB too.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @Helmut G!

It takes me to the correct location now but still shows the wrong address as you mentioned. I made the edit in mapmaker but it doesn't seem to be showing in GMaps yet.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I haven't recommend you to change anything on the address marker.

I clearly wrote
"Once it gives for you on MapMaker (www.google.com/mapmaker) for "15015 W Bell Rd. Suite 101 Surprise AZ 85374" also the correct location you can try to continue with this address on GMB too"

Please make an undo for your "Address"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My apologies, I guess I don't understand what you wrote. It wasn't clear to me. I will undo my change. What is GMB?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
GMB = GoogleMyBusiness

Its the product you are using and are complaining as your listing is
affected by the address issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Oh boy...It was so obvious I missed it #facepalm. How long does it typically take to register the change in mapmaker?

Thanks for all of your help!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
it depend on the speed of an Regional lead or Google Reviewer - either of
both must approve such edits