My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Incorrect Google Map Directions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Name: Green Lake Conference Center

Address: W2511 State Road 23, Green Lake, WI  54941

Phone: 920-294-7250

Google+ URL: https://plus.google.com/101115296083621282681/about

Our map marker is in the correct place.  Driving directions are incorrect.  

Correct: Turn onto Lawson Drive directly off of Hwy 23.

Incorrect: Turn onto County Road T off of Hwy 23.

For 2 months we have been sending feedback and no results.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Incorrect Google Map Directions

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Jason K

Lawson drive is marked in Google Maps as a restricted access road. It can be marked that way for a number of reasons, everything from being a HOA neighborhood, to a mistake. This isn't exactly my area of expertise, but my understanding is that Google maps won't route you through a restricted access area unless there's a substantial time savings. 

If you think the road shouldn't be marked restricted access, or if you have some other question and want more detailed information, you should post on the Google Map Maker forum, your question is better suited there. 

Hope that helped!

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Jason K & @james w

there are few cases of direction errors and it seems to me the one Jason is complaining about.

The error I'm talking about can be understodd aplying a direction from the plain address as it is "W2511 Wisconsin 23, Green Lake, WI 54941" to the business.

For any normal listing there should be obviously a kind of "zero" direction.

But in Jasons case it isn't.

Here a link of a direction as I mentioned from "W2511 Wisconsin 23, Green Lake, WI 54941" to the business.

YOu see a long route from a far northern point "W2511 Wisconsin 23, Green Lake, WI 54941" to the correct business location:

Here a screenshot showing the strange and long direction route:

Screenshot 2016-07-18 at 20.32.48.png

If Jason will agree my findings do decribe the issue more or less correct please let me know.

I then will escalate the bad direction route to Google asking them to fix the issue. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks @Helmut Geissler, I'm not as familiar with mapping errors, I appreciate the insight. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.