My Business
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Incorrect Duplicate listing + Verification Problems

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sustainable Self (Dr. Thomas Doherty)

LOC 1:
4039 N. Mississippi Ave
Suite 309
Portland, OR 97227

LOC 2:
4004 SE Woodstock Blvd
Portland, OR 97202

Hello, 

Per the info above, I practice at two locations. 

Per this screen shot:

+ The first listing is correct, verified and published.  
 + The second, center (highlighted) listing is incorrect / duplicate map showing up with the correct address, but thw wrong physical map location and images. It doesn't show up in my Google Business backend and I cannot seem to claim or purge it.
+ The third listing is the correct address for my second location where I practice / see clients, but the phone number is incorrect. I have requested THREE postcards at the LOC 2 address: 4004 SE Woodstock Blvd Portland, OR 97202, but have not received them. I assume once I can verify the business, the phone number will be corrected.

Which leads me to, since I have not been able to verify via mail. I would like to be able to do so by phone instead.

Thank you for your help!

Thomas

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Sustainable S

that are two different issues and hence  to deal with quite differently.

Waht is the correct phone for the LOC 2 ?

Regarding teh LOC 1

do I understand you correctly:

the claimed listing named as "Dr. Thomas Doherty, Licensed Psychologist - Sustainable Self, LLC" is correct while "Dr. Thomas Joseph Doherty" isn't?

What is incorrect for the latter one?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut G

Correct phone for LOC 2 is same as LOC 1 as above: 503.288.1213

And yes, the claimed listing is correct, and ideally, once the latter LOC 2 is verified it would be best to have them consistently named. (so the 1st and last listing in the three locations showing are the same)

The second, center (highlighted) listing is incorrect as I mentioned, and you can see that even though it lists the correct address on the exterior summary, when you duck into the listing itself shows a photo at an incorrect address (2107 NE 40th Ave) with an incorrect street view. It is the far right outlier on the map (in Hollywood neighborhood) with the wrong physical map location.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

sorry @Sustainable S

but you can't have for two different  locations the same phone number. This will always trigger the duplicate detection algos.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ah, ok . . . That might be troublesome since I am not tied to one physical location, neither is the device I use to work with clients. So perhaps I need to get a Google Number? Google should take into account that we are in an era where small business doesn't use landlines and are often answering from mobile devices.

But I still need to know—what would you suggest to purge that second incorrect location?