My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Incorrect Business Listing + Business Details returned after a Google Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having a problem where the incorrect business listing is being returned when searching for my business on a normal google search.

I've created a Business Listing for a new business. I've had the postcard posted through and confirmed that we own the property. However, when doing a google search for our business, in the business listing box on the right-hand side of the search listings it shows a different business listing - exactly the same name but the address, postcode and map location is wrong, it goes to a location about 5 miles away. There is no business actually at that location, it's basically a redundant listing with slightly incorrect details.

The problem is any edits I submit for this listing don't work (it's been showing as 'You edit is being reviewed' for months), and I can't take control of the listing to edit it directly.

How can I fix this situation, please?

Thanks you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Incorrect Business Listing + Business Details returned after a Google Search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Station Bridge V

Please provide links to both listings on Google Maps and indicate which is which.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual