My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Inappropriate Review Has Not Been Removed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings

Business name: Her Choice Women's Clinic

Address: 1155 W Central Ave, Santa Ana CA 92707

Phone: 714-966-9094

Google URL:  https://www.google.com/maps/place/Her+Choice+Women's+Clinic/@33.7125615,-117.88455,17z/data=!4m7!3m6...

We received a review by a Martha Mercado 3 weeks ago, which I believe is inappropriate and violates Google policy for reviews. I have flagged it as such, but it has not been removed. It is "off topic," since she is not an actual customer / client and has had no personal experience with our business. Her review is not of our specific business, since we have never interacted together in any way, but rather of our general industry. It is a political statement / social commentary. Our business is Pro-Choice and advocates women's rights to abortion access, and this reviewer is obviously Pro-Life and does not believe women should have abortion rights.

Although she is entitled to her political views and opinions, I believe her leaving a negative review for us based on her personal anti-abortion beliefs is a violation of Google review policy. We have also responded to that review with the same explanation as above.

The "flag as inappropriate" option that Google has provided has not served its purpose at least in my case. I want to know if there is any other way to appeal to Google to closely look at this review and allow me to explain why it is an inappropriate review and why it should be removed.

Thanks for your help.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author amir n
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, I agree that the review is off-topic and is not about the business specifically. I have escalated to Google for a second opinion.

Thanks

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Colan

I thank you very much for your help in resolving this issue

Best regards

Amir

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The review has been removed.

Thanks

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Colan, We are having a similar problem.  We are Dr. Lamberg's Office.  The review from 6 six years ago listed Dr. Lambert, who is a Dr. up the street from us.  Can you help us remove this 6 year old.  We have attempted many times to remove the review, since it seems unfair to have the wrong doctor listed.  This is a link to Dr. Lamberg's office name: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dr.+Steven+Lamberg+D.D.S.+General+%26+Cosmetic+Dentist+-+Snoring,+...

Also, the User was anonymous, so we were unable to contact them.  

Thank you, Leslie at Dr. Lamberg's office.  stevenlambergdds@gmail.com

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I need help my Google plus is not working because of suspended about 3 months ago in October

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Colan I got my problem my Google plus is not working because of suspended

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

My Google plus is not working because of suspended please