My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Inappropriate Google Review not removed or altered

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I received a one star Google review from a client who I could not satisfy and was bullying my staff and sending threatening emails to us.  I politely told her we might not be the best choice for her via email.  Her daughter proceeded to write a review (someone I've never dealt with) and included in her scathing review that "I'm not sure if this experience was due to my race or due to the order being for PRIDE week".

Google has reviewed this and found it acceptable.  They have said that it does not violate the policy because it does not call out a specific race or call out any specific sector of the LGBTQIA Community. If I tell a client who bullies my employees that I don't want to work with them, does that make me a racist?  Does it make me intolerant?  I think it just makes me a business owner who doesn't want to be berated and have to respond to nasty emails. Why do my employees need to listen to someone ranting about their incompetence and piss poor work ethic.

Tell me I gave you terrible service...  Tell me the quality wasn't up to par...  but once you say that maybe I didn't work with you due to race, you've tarnished my reputation personally.  As a minority business owner who employs men and women of all colors and religions, and welcomes ALL business, it's a problem for a small business in this day and age.

I'm pretty angry with Google who told me that is was fine and people can leave their opinions on this open forum.  I guess I'm free to find other places to spend my advertising dollars.

Paul Ramirez
President

Barrington Press Inc.

37 Spring Valley Ave

Paramus, NJ 07652

201-843-6556

Barrington Press Google Maps

www.barringtonpress.com