My Business
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Impersonation/Slanderous Review. Please Help!sw

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

GOOGLE REVIEWS

Hi we currently have issues on the google reviews with 1.competitors slander the business leaving negative comments are you able to check and rectify this 2. they are leaving personal names of staff which is is incorrect can this be removed?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
January 2016

Re: Impersonation/Slanderous Review. Please Help!sw

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Sj A

I'm not sure why or whether mentioning names in a review should be violating their reviewing guidelines.

Why shouldn't I write I bought my new car from this company and would like to say thanks to Bill having answered all my questions about my new car and giving me such a great discount

or (in case of a negative review)

I was trying to  buy a new car from this company and had a very bad experience with one guy of the stuff called Bill 

He refused properly  answering all my concrete questions -  giving  very general remarks only

Of course in case I would wrote like 

I was trying to  buy a new car from this company and had a very bad experience with one guy of the stuff called Bill - He is an idiot and doesn't understand anythings from cars at all. What the [censored] of stupid employees does this company hire to serve their paying customers?

I should be aware violating their reveiwing guidelines then

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello David,

As you have said someone has impersonated your data you can report the person by submitting your details here.

https://support.google.com/plus/troubleshooter/1715140?hl=en

I hope it will help you get the profile removed and once its done you can contact Google My Business Support to get the review removed.

Thank you

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
This older thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Google My Business Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.