My Business
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Impact of small change to business name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear All,

I have a beginners question here: I run a small tour business based in Lisbon but I offer tours to many locations at my country in a 200km radius from Lisbon, however since 90% of my custommers are travellers staying at hotels in Lisbon can I change my business name to "Lisbon Portugal Top Tours" so I can have my name find easier for searches like "Lisbon tour" or "day trips from Lisbon" in the google map?

As for the reviews from what I read at the support documentation this change would not make me loose them .

Thank You,

David

Name: Portugal Top Tours

Address: Rua Leitão de Barros, 10, 4º esq  1500-384 Lisboa

Phone: 967 146 440

Google+URL  http://plus.google.com/u/3/b/101002061733397126462/101002061733397126462/posts/p/pub?_ga=1.247140292...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Impact of small change to business name

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi David

The short answer here is that you can not change your name in Google My Business to something other than your real-world business name. So if the real-world business name is Portugal Top Tours then that is the name you need to have on your Google My Business page.

If the majority of your business comes from within Lisbon then you would need to work on your organic SEO to indicate this.

Also, please note that changing your business name to a name that is not yours in real life may result in your page being suspended, which will also remove all your reviews.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Priya for the answer, yes in that case I am keeping the name intact :) As for SEO are you referring to my website SEO not the description of my business at GMB correct?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Good idea David :-)

And yes. when I mentioned organic SEO I was thinking of the website SEO not the GMB page.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank You for the Help, I guess some homework awaits me :-) stay well, David