My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Images Not Appearing as they should on Google Business Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need help..... lots and lots of help.

I'm trying to update a Google Business List for A Masters Touch Painting.

I've uploaded images and I have a cover, profile and logo selected. However, they are not appearing beside my map location.  

I also have some images that are grayed out with a "-" in the middle. Like broken image links in my portfolio? Not sure how that happened.

The website is https://www.amasterstouchpainting.com/ and the google listing is here https://www.google.com/search?q=a+masters+touch+painting&oq=a+m&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i60l3j69i59l2.1...

I am literally at my wits end trying to sort this out. Any solution would be greatly helpful.

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Some one commented on that recently and it was an issue of time. I will try and find it. Are they pictures you shot and what size, dimension and total megs?  I could not find the old post.

Sorry I suspect that google has an issue with the pictures. Try as a test uploading any old shot and see it it is visible right away. If so delete the gray ones and replace grayed out ones with new ones. Were the pictures heavily edited in photoshop?

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Re: Images Not Appearing as they should on Google Business Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It doesn't let me delete the grayed out pictures. Part of the frustrations.

Attached is the image that I'm trying to work with. I made it 250x250 and
saved it as a .png.

There's only two managers/owners for this business page. Me and the person
who owns the painting company. He isn't tech savvy so I don't think he's
been doing anything.

It seems to be selective as to what images I can delete that those that I
can't.

--
Erin Harris
937-418-1982

Re: Images Not Appearing as they should on Google Business Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It doesn't let me delete the grayed out pictures. Part of the frustrations.

Attached is the image that I'm trying to work with. I made it 250x250 and
saved it as a .png.

There's only two managers/owners for this business page. Me and the person
who owns the painting company. He isn't tech savvy so I don't think he's
been doing anything.

It seems to be selective as to what images I can delete that those that I
can't.

--
Erin Harris
937-418-1982

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Could he have or someone else downloaded pictures from other sites and then published them on his profile? Google would frown on that. 

Do you want to get rid of the bad images? if so you can flag them to be removed with the symbol to the right when you click on each picture to enlarge it. After clicking just select an option like poor quality photo after review they should be removed then you can rebuild with pictures you like and that look good.

Since they are selective there may have been issues with some. Do you know the source of all pictures?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

OK so now tell me what happened, the profile pictures look great and was it something you did or was it a question of waiting. I did try and view it before and was broken now ok.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

since our last conversation, I haven't done anything... just waited.

I was looking at it last night and the first house image in the galleries behind the logo, the cover and the profile image is what is appearing now.  It's a nice house and I would leave it there because it shows the work that he does but he (the business owner) wants the logo image with the two men on the ladder and the phone number below them.  That's the image I have set to cover, profile and logo.

I feel like I should be able to easily plug in whatever image (I own) in that spot without this amount of difficulty but there are still images that I can't delete.  

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Erin H
July

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

On my side, there are no blank spots showing at all and it looks great. The one issue that you sound like you will have is control over how each picture is displayed. Google uses a ranking factor based on a number of things to determine how they show.

As a side point. One thing that you may want to try after you get over being frustrated with the whole thing is the new feature for putting in Posts. You can include a picture and a short amount of text. A great place to show off project pictures or the one showing how well he covers with plastic on the floors. Or maybe add a preparation detail picture since so many skips doing that right. They expire in 7 days but the cumulative post will be visible on mobil. A good place to show how the company is different and sort of like a mini blog. There is an explanation and the quality of the pictures you have would look good there and show up the competition that does not know about it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much David. I guess I didn't realize that Google was using a possible ranking for what image shows up there. I've always just put them up and they're done.

I didn't know had this new feature and I saw that the business owner did post something to the Google+page and it went there with the listing. I need to get him into this habit I suppose.

Thank you for all your help and the follow through. Have a great rest of the weekend and the coming week.

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

you are quite welcome and check some of the content on this forum and in the articles section and your company will start to rank better and better.