My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

If my original post isn't being addressed and new posts are deleted, how can I receive support?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just submitted a new post which I admitted was a duplicate, and it was immediately deleted.

Here is my original post, which I haven't had help on for a month due to Google not sending me notifications: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/New-Listing-Suspended-Due-to-Qu...

How can I get help from someone if my old post is buried (and unaddressed) and my new posts get deleted?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: If my original post isn't being addressed and new posts are deleted, how can I receive support?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Andrew M

1) Did you correct the listing to a service area business, as your address is your home address.

2) I cannot find that business name being registered in Maryland 

Original Thread:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/New-Listing-Suspended-Due-to-Qu...

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

If my original post isn't being addressed and new posts are deleted, how can I receive support?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tim, thanks so much for the swift reply. My answers below:

1) Did you correct the listing to a service area business, as your address is your home address.

The listing was correctly created as a service area business from the start. We do not wish the address to be exposed to listing visitors.

2) I cannot find that business name being registered in Maryland.

The business is not registered in Maryland. Our phlebotomists simply offer our service to patients in that area (as well as others). Orders are placed through our website or by calling in, and our phlebotomists service customers at their locations. Prior to claiming our first listing, I was assured by Google that this was a acceptable service area business for GMB.

Re: If my original post isn't being addressed and new posts are deleted, how can I receive support?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Andrew M

So do you have a location page on your website for marlyland, that lists the local business tel number. Or are you linking to the main website and using one main tel number ?

Is this business  operating under a DBA then.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Not letting me respond. I emailed you through your site.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes. There is the location page associated with the listing. There is a local phone number on this page, as well as our main 800 number.

No. No DBA. We are operating as Analyte Health, Inc. in Maryland (though the websites are different). We have not created separate entities for different states.

I guess it just didn't like me including a link to the landing page.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Andrew M

So the business name as you tried to create, does not actually exist as a registered business.

And looking at the location page, the actual labs that people visit are owned and operated by someone else.

So I am not getting how you would fall within the guidelines of eligibility for a Google business page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In answer to your first question, that is correct. Our website is STDTestExpress but we interact with patients under the name Analyte Physicians Group. Would registering a DBA with each state do us some good? I was unaware that Google checks with state agencies as to who is registered and under what name.

It's true that the labs with whom we work are owned and operated by other entities, but we also have people working for us (based at the addresses I'll be putting on my Google My Business listings) that perform the service area business side. We're putting content on our landing pages to reflect the "we come to you" service, but the quality suspension was instantaneous when I created the first listing, so I don't know that the lack of content associated with that service contributed to the suspension. Do you think that would impact the suspension being lifted?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Also I haven't said it already, but I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to discuss this with me. I've been working really hard to find some help here, and regardless of the result, it's nice to be moving toward some answers. So thank you so much!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Andrew M

Your business should be registered ( I believe thats how it works in the US) and I believe a DBA should also be registered in each state you operate in.

Then you could use the name STD Test Express.

However, because a business listing requires that customers should be able to make in person contact during stated business hours, there should also be a local number provided for that local business.

It would be best to display these on your local city pages.

And you will need to prove that all those local businesses exist legally.