My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

I would like to remove my address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have recently verified my account and it is showing up on google maps but I have tried following all the instructions on here to remove my address and none of them have worked. 

Despite it showing up in one section saying that my business is verified and now showing up in google maps, there is another section which shows business not verified. It also shows downloads not available whatever that means but again the instructions on here to enable them seem to be out dates and it does not work. I am really frustrated as it seems that google want to make it difficult, even when trying to remove address, the options is to close business or remove listing which suggests that it will take the whole page off which is really confusing. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

The process can be confusing and the process first couple of times through. I assume you want a set up a listing and want it to be a service area business that does not show your address.  Is that correct. To give a better anwere the volunteer community would need see details.

Please include the following with your question: 
1. Full business name 
2. Current business address 
3. Current telephone number 
4. Google Maps URL 
5. Website (if applicable)

With this you should get good guidance from the community to help solve the problem.

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. Yes we want it to show up but just not with my address as we are an e-commerce business

1. The Biscuit Baron

2. Lower Flat, Briglands Estate, Rumbling Bridge, KY130PS

3. No current telephone registered

4. I am not sure if this is what you mean but https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/The+Biscuit+Baron/@56.1774703,-3.5821041,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3...

5. I have been trying to put my website on it but it has decided to take it off for some reason. It is www.thebiscuitbaron.com

I have also tried registering my website so it shows up on google search. I did this at the weekend and it is still not showing up for some reason! I would really appreciate your help :)

Re: I would like to remove my address

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Because you added a GmB listing all you can do is have it shown as Never Existed.

On the search result go to suggest and Edit. Change the answer to Permanently Closed and so on to 'Yes', and then say 'Never Existed'.

For your sort of business you can have a Google + Brand page for promotion purposes.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=add+a+Google%2B+Brand+page&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&g...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK I have done that so now it just shows my business and address without
any images when I enter the name into Google and asking if I own it! I have
created a Google brand page but is that going to show up in Google?

All I want is my page to show up in Google which seems almost impossible to
do. Is there someone I can talk to who can go into my account and fix it.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

For your sort of business you will never appear in a Google Maps search result box with a red Pin in the Map.

You have to rely on ranking your web site via Google permitted SEO. I was cleaning my shoes yesterday and some Website SEO business was saying that now Google are ranking sites which are mobile phone friendly the best these days on the newspaper I was using.

You need to put entries in vertical directories about e-commerce business. And do regular Press releases about your products as a mention in paper media via their own website and the Blogs and Social pages, like your Google+ Brand page, will help with ranking.

Content you put in the Google+ page will be used by Google to inform your search results. You will just appear in a text only Organic search result.