My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

I would like my banner to show instead of the profile photo, map and 3d view at google search.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wonder if it is possible to have one photo show up for my business instead of the three that do.

I have a business that distributes all over the country and I tried listing my business as such but I didn't find the image of the distribution map appealing on google search.

So I was wondering if there is any way possible for me just to have one photo listed for my business or possibly a banner?

Thanks in advance,

Árni

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Árni S
November 2016

I would like my banner to show instead of the profile photo, map and 3d view at google search.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, there isn't a way to directly control the photos that show in the knowledge graph. You can specify a preferred photo in your GMB dashboard, but it's not a guarantee that it will show.

Help Doc https://support.google.com/business/answer/6103862?hl=en

Preferred photo - Recommend the photo that you want your customers to see alongside your business name on Google Maps and Search. Google determines which photo will be shown first using a number of factors, like how well the photo represents the services or products the business offers. Pictures of food at a restaurant, for example, tend to rate well. Although your first photo preference is taken into account, there’s no guarantee that your preferred photo will be the first photo on Google.

To change your preferred photo, choose the three dot menu icon and choose Profile or Cover.

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have not get the three dot menu icon