My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

I really need an answer to this. How do I make google happy with more than one location?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I put my toll free number in the listings they wont like that, if I have separate sites for each one I get hit with a manual action for them being the same. Can I do a sub-domain for each city? Please tell me how to make you happy, I am so tired of having to prove to you over and over and over again that I in fact do own my business, do have the location listed etc....

1 Expert replyverified_user

I really need an answer to this. How do I make google happy with more than one location?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I doubt your issue is triggered by using a specific toll free number for a certain location. Guessing you are using the same  toll free numbers for several listing. This will trigger alerting their anti spam algos - IMHO

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have replied maybe 5 times and it keeps disappearing what gives? Does Google really not want this answered?

OK let me try this again, I was apparently not clear, I did not say I did use a toll free, I was saying I knew better than to do that

Anyway here is the issue as I see it. Google has repeatedly told me that when they go to the site from the my business listing they need to see the phone number and then they go to the contact page to look at address and phone number again

If you have your toll free on the home page instead of the local they will reject it. (Not always mind you!)

So because of this if I want to have multiple locations (who does not want to grow their business?) then I basically need separate domains for EACH city, the problem with this is that Google then comes through and says hey these sights are all the same and hits them with a manual penalty.

This of course leaves me in a catch 22. If I want the phone number to match I have to put up multiple domains, if I want to use one domain the numbers become a problem.

So my question is if I do a sub domain say losangeles.mydomain.com would there being a couple of pages on there say home and contact would that make them happy and stop attacking me? Or would they call that a doorway site even though its on the same domain?

No matter what I do they randomly come along and mess my business over by suspending my listings, or now putting manual actions on my sites because they are the same as each other. How many ways are there to say the same thing? Why would I want or need multiple designs? I wrote every word of content on my website in my own words so its not been copy pasted from someone else. One of the excuses I got was that it was not adding to the knowledge base, are you kidding me? Its a sales page its designed to generate leads and I have way more information on my sites than many of my competitors.

To me I would MUCH rather have the one site it just makes sense but if they are going to say I have to show the local number on the home page then how can I?

Pizza Hut for example does NOT have a number showing, you have to first go to find a pizza hut, would that work? I footer link that then asks them to put in their zip code to see what office is closest to them? I would rather they not have to jump through hoops to call me.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

regarding this:

"Google has repeatedly told me that when they go to the site from the my business listing they need to see the phone number and then they go to the contact page to look at address and phone number again":

When and/or under what circumstances did you repeatedly got such information from Google?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

As I have mentioned they mess with my listings all the time so I have spoken to people from Google about the my business/maps listings and that was one of the actually consistent things I heard them say, They were fairly inconsistent on lots of subjects.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nothing? I really need an answer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So the answer is its impossible to make them happy?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Still Nothing? Come on there has to be a way to meet their guidelines without being jumped on all the time.