My Business
6.7K members online now
6.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

I need to delete multiple duplicate listings at different locations. Login details lost.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Before I got involved looking after their website and web presence, my client was advised to set up multiple listings for their business at lots of different locations. These are now causing problems as they are not accurate, the locations don't exist, and they need to be deleted. The problem is that the login details for all the accounts they were created under have been lost, so I have no idea how to login & delete them, or even to get a list of the errant listings. There is one listing which is correct and will be retained - I have control of this in my account.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I need to delete multiple duplicate listings at different locations. Login details lost.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
even in case you would have their credentials you would't be able to delete wrong locations if they are shown up in GMaps.
You only can mark them as closed.

Re: I need to delete multiple duplicate listings at different locations. Login details lost.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I understand that - but at least then they wouldn't show up in search results.

I need to find a way to be able to identify and 'close' all the invalid accounts and their listings.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steve R
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Steve,

If you do not have access to the accounts and they should never have been set up in the first place, then I recommend using the 'suggest an edit' function on Google Maps. Mark the businesses as closed because of spam. This will remove them permanently from the Local database.

Marking them as simply 'closed' will not remove them from the Local database, and may not remove them from search results either.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your help. I'll try that - and hope it works!