My Business
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

I need help deleting a false review on my google business page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We had a false review on our page by a person who claimed to be our patient, however we don't have them listed as one of our patients.  We have none by that last name or first name, we do believe it was our competitor across the street who has had their employee write false reviews in yelp before.

How do I get rid of this review, I already flagged it but no one from Google has helped thus far.

Thank you for your help.

John

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I need help deleting a false review on my google business page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi John, 

Sorry to hear you're having to deal with that, it's a shame what some business owners do to try to get ahead. 

If you've already flagged the review as inappropriate and nothing's happened, you can always contact Google directly and explain your situation. 
https://support.google.com/business/#topic=4539639&contact=1

In the meantime, you can always reply to the comment publicly to try and mitigate any damage that review might do between now and when it gets pulled down. Instructions for responding are here:
https://support.google.com/business/answer/3474050?hl=en

Going that route is a little tricky, I would avoid making any outright accusations, and do your best to take the higher ground. Something to diffuse the accusation and turn it around is always going to make you look better to a prospective customer reading the town gossip on your page, vs coming back angry and harsh. "Mrs. Jones, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience recently, but did you mean to leave this review somewhere else? We haven't served anyone with your name in (however long). Since it sounds like you're in the market for a new dentist already though, (you get the idea)". 

If you contact Google directly though, hopefully you can just get it squared up directly without having to mess with any of that. Either way, good luck!

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for the suggestions, I really appreciate that. Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S®6 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone