My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

I'm getting the message "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having trouble verifying the map placement for my business in Glen Williams, Ontario. The problem seems to be that Glen Williams ON and Georgetown ON use the same street name, and Google Maps thinks my Glen Williams business is in Georgetown. It keeps wanting to put the marker there.

The address is 511 Main Street, Glen Williams, Ontario L7G 3S9. A screenshot of the error message is below:

Screenshot 2017-03-06 11.12.46.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I'm getting the message "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place."

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Barb G

supposed the little red marker on the maplet of your screenshot is almost exactly where it should be I beileive understanding the issue.

GMaps knows the location slightly differently as you specified its address.

GMaps knows the location as "511 Main St Georgetown, ON L7G 3S8" - see this map:

https://goo.gl/maps/DSoug4aAYfP2

You instead specified it on the form as " 511 Main Street,  Glen Williams, Ontario L7G 3S9"

means we have at first to check against this funny discrepancy

In case your red marker in the screenshot is correct GMaps  "knows" this location with an other address as you seem knowing it.

And vice versa: supposed your address specification is correct the red marker ist wrong.

Please double check this as I suppose you have the better knowledge about all this stuff as a local resident..

According your facts we have to deal with the facts.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Google decided in their fathomless wisdom changing in March 2017 their system of notifications about new threads or responses in the GMB forum to a very worst behavior. This way they corrupted my workflow entirely. Don't expect I will notified about any new response by you on my posting here unless you're using the mentioning functionality on your new response - mentioning me per " @[my name]"

Re: I'm getting the message "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place."

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @Helmut Geissler

I can confirm that the red marker in the screenshot I posted is placed exactly where it should be. I live in Glen Williams; if mail is addressed to Georgetown it does not get to us. 

The address in GMaps is wrong. Please see the screenshot of Canada Post which confirms that the correct address (and postal code) is:

511 Main St., Glen Williams, Ontario L7G 3S9

Screenshot 2017-03-06 17.33.36.png

I hope that helps.

I'm getting the message "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place."

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks @Barb G

I assumed you would answer as you did confirming the actual adressing error in GMaps and MapMaker regarding the location and its address.

I'm not quite sure about the best and fastest way to fix it.

Wil ping one other TC ( @treebles ) asking him about his thoughts.

Please be patient until I get any feedback from him.

Regards

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Helmut Geissler

I'm just following up on this - any progress? I was able to find 511 Main Street Glen Williams ON on the map but the postal code is wrong - it should be L7G 3S9, not 3S8.

Thanks!

Sandy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Hi @Helmut Geissler

I'm still having problems with the address. The postal code on the map was updated but it is still very wrong, and now the city has been changed to Halton Hills instead of Glen Williams!! I will not be able to verify my GMB page unless is the address is correct. The only way post office mail will get to my business is if it sent to this address:

The Glen Fitness Studio

511 Main St.

Glen Williams, ON

L7G 3S9

This is the correct address. Can you please help?