My Business
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

I have two seperate businesses on one address how can i show this on google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I already have one of my businesses registered as a business on Google maps now i want to add another business on the same address how do i do this if this has the same exact address?

Your help is appreciated.

Marco

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I have two seperate businesses on one address how can i show this on google maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Marco

You just add the new location under https://business.google.com/manage. Select the blue + icon in the bottom right and then the map pin to create a new location.

However, I should caution you that if this new business does not have a separate phone number Google may well see it as just another service of the original business and merge the page, or mark it as a duplicate.

If you provide some more information about your current and proposed business, then I may be able to provide you with some more guidance.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: I have two seperate businesses on one address how can i show this on google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am still having difficulties and doubts that the current business will be wiped out and the new business will be replaced
How can the business show in one location on Google Maps?
Let me explain what i am doing
When I go to the manage page. I presume I have to click the last option: Add A Single Location
When i look for our current business Tattoo Dex on 'Oudedijk 180A, Rotterdam, The Netherlands' I can see the red marker
Now what do i have to do excactly to register our other company 'Tattoo No More' on the same address as 'Tattoo Dex' without the latter one being taken over? Do i just fill in the form after clicking on the blue marker? I am afraid i am going to mess up tour existing company Tattoo Dex.
Hope you can help
Sincerely, Marco
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tattoo N
June 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Yes, exactly. You fill out the business details and request verification. As Priya mentioned, the end result of the impact on the current listing can't be known for sure until you verify the new listing. Since they are similar businesses, same industry, there is a possibility that Google will consider one of them a duplicate. If the categories and phone number are different, you will have a better chance of things not going wonky.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, this link does not seem to be working

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Aylin W, what link are you referring to? 

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky