My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

I have recently edited my "My Business” name and am now being told that I have a duplicate name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Omi Monitor Services

Caxton Point,  22 Caxton Caxton Way Stevenage Herts UK

+44 (0)7380 298732

WWW.omi-monitors.co.uk

I have recently edited my "My  Business”   name and am now being told that I have a duplicate name but this is not  case. I only wanted a name edit . Omi Monitor Services to Omi PC Monitor Repairs.  I am  now unable to make any alterations to my account and have notised that a lot of the in formation on the account has become corrupt. Cant find any links for help any help Please?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ben Fisher (Top Contributor)
July

I have recently edited my "My Business” name and am now being told that I have a duplicate name

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You business name should reflect it as it is in the real world. In your case "Omi Monitor Services", changing the name likely caused a suspension.

You can always ask Google to reinstate your listing: https://support.google.com/business/troubleshooter/2690129?hl=en

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ben Fisher (Top Contributor)
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You business name should reflect it as it is in the real world. In your case "Omi Monitor Services", changing the name likely caused a suspension.

You can always ask Google to reinstate your listing: https://support.google.com/business/troubleshooter/2690129?hl=en

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

axaRe: I have recently edited my "My Business” name and am now being told that I have a du

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you.

I have got all the information requested on the form but am unable to get the

URL of your official Google+ page? *

I keep trying put just get the same  message Please Try Reformatting.

I am using Google maps and trying the pointer all around the area of my business but still the same message comes up. I am entering the URL as instructed. What can I do please?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Just put in https://www.plus.google.com and in notes say you do not have one or know the URL.

Re: I have recently edited my "My Business” name and am now being told that I have a du

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Problem resolved thank you