My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

I have deleted a google+ page for business... why are reviews and address still showing on search?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Information from the deleted page (address, reviews, hours) still show up when searching the business name. When search for business name + "google+" i get a few hits but all 404's. Is it just taking a while for Google to permanently remove these outdated information? Or will reviews always be there?

thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I have deleted a google+ page for business... why are reviews and address still showing on searc

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tako Y

When you delete a business page, you don't actually delete it, rather you delete your ownership of the business page. It will stay in Maps for quite some time, until Google cannot find any corresponding data to say the business exists.

You can mark it permanently closed, remove all and any references to it online and it will fade away, how long, not entirely sure.

If it was a duplicate, or an old address, you can ask business support to mark as Moved to your new business page.

https://support.google.com/business/contactflow

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Re: I have deleted a google+ page for business... why are reviews and address still showing on searc

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Tim. I see a few options now: Permanently Closed, Never Existed, Spam, Private, Moved elsewhere, Duplicate.

Is any of these options can get my reviews removed? Our business has moved somewhere else but we've gotten a new name/branding so wanted to start fresh.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tako Y
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Tako Y

As i said above you wont be able to remove. You can mark as closed, but if it is not closed I doubt it will disappear in maps because there will still be online ref to the business.

You can create the new business page with address and branding and leave the old one as closed, or have it marked as moved by contacting business support. If you mark as moved, the reviews may follow to the new page.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership