My Business
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

I can't find my Business on Google map, unless I search it specifically.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My company's location is not visible on Google map on a general view basis, unless I specify the company name in the Google search box.
I can even locate all the small stores in my area but my business name is not getting picked up. Is there a particular reason for this? It's been 3 months already since we started our business. Thank you. 
1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @guru r

I'd recommend checking this post which explains the difference between the organic listings and map/business listings in Google and in which cases each should appear.

Also, this video from Google gives a full explanation and covers some of the possible reasons in more detail: 

I can’t find my business on Google

I hope this is of some help.

** Updated video link 9 June 2017... seems Google moved the video :( 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Mark, thanks for your reply. But I am not asking about how to get on the first page of the google. It's just our business location is not getting picked up on the general view basis of google map. 

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @guru r

Sorry I'm a little unsure what you mean by 'general view basis' and had taken this to mean when you are typing in general keywords (Vs your exact company name) - hence the links provided :)

"My company's location is not visible on Google map on a general view basis, unless I specify the company name in the Google search box."

The map listings do still rely on Google's algorithm to rank and display results if general keywords are entered (although the map listing algorithm is a little different to the organic listings and may be more heavily weighted towards location).

Unfortunately I'm still a little unclear on what the issue is... can you provide any additional info which might help troubleshoot?

Links, screen shots etc?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I search through my area in Google map, it's showing all types of businesses' names (general view) that are present in my area except mine. I have already verified Google My Business for my company. 

Google map for the location Jalahalli, Bangalore

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Guru R
April

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

not sure but it seems you are complaining about a missing place label.

If so you should know such place labels are not mandatory 

https://support.google.com/business/answer/6056435?hl=en