My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

I am the new owner of an existing restaurant and need to change the public information on the google search results page

N/A
# 1
N/A

I need help changing the information for my restaurant.

1 Expert replyverified_user

I am the new owner of an existing restaurant and need to change the public information on the google search results page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Ideally you'd contact the current owner of the listing and ask them to transfer ownership to you.   Once you have ownership, you can change the information as required.

If that's not an option, you can request ownership transfer
. https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671
Fill out the form. You have the option to include a message to the current owner to contact you directly.
The current listing owner will receive an email asking them to get in touch with you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email. Allow a full 7 days for the current listing owner to respond to your request. If you don’t hear back after 7 days, contact support by replying to the confirmation email.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

N/A
# 3
N/A

Margaret,

Thank you for getting back to me. But the problem is a bit more complicated.

I am the new owner of Cascadia Grill in Olympia, Washington.

I took over and closed it down for six weeks and COMPLETELY switched concepts - including EVERYTHING!!!

We are in a protected Historical building and had to keep the Marquee - so we had to keep the same name.

But it is a completely different restaurant.

So when you do a Google search for Cascadia Grill - the first thing that pops up is the link to the OLD Facebook page - and NOT our own Facebook page.

Yelp and Trip Advisor have already deleted the previous pages and reviews from the previous "Cascadia Grill" once the circumstances were explained to them.

But it is EXTREMELY important that we get Google to also acknowledge the changes - because it is putting a HUGE financial burden on us as I'm sure you can imagine!

We need help on this matter ASAP!!

Thank you,

Jef Dukes

Owner / Operator

Cascadia Grill

360-628-8731